Sunday, June 24, 2012

It has been said that when you get a taste of one thing that feels good, you would always come back for more. I suppose there is some truth to it because months after I said I'll never draw again, I found myself with a pencil on hand and a sketchbook on my lap.

I stopped drawing to forget. Although it started great, there were just too many painful memories I could recall just at the thought of one stroke. Even looking at a disfigured eraser could mercilessly inundate my mind with long-past memories. I thought that if I'd pursue that art, I'd be incessantly hurting myself. So I stopped.

But then it hit me---why not create new memories? Surely, I can associate a much brighter thought to it than the gloriously catastrophic ending of a story I call a love affair. There must be something better... something happier. In an epiphanic moment, I decided I was not in the business of living my life avoiding the good things in fear of being reminded with the bad.

And so, with a more inspiring conviction and with less fear (if none at all), I draw once more.

N.B. I'll be posting them for the first time in the next posts.

No comments: