Saturday, June 23, 2012

How I started drawing




It wasn't long ago when I found out I knew how to draw. And when I say  "not long ago", I meant "not long ago". I was in my last semester of college, that was in the year 2010. My then boyfriend and I were on YM with our webcams on. While he was checking some random things online, I picked up a pencil and a paper and started drawing him.

This was my very first sketch. EVER!
It took me months before I showed him these sketches. I was shied by the fact that, for one, I drew him... and for another, that he might not like how I rendered him on paper. But when he finally saw it, he seemed pretty pleased (either that or he was just really kind). I was inspired, if not obsessed, with drawing him to the extent that I bought myself a sketchbook. I filled every page with drawings of him. When I had every page filled, I gave it to him as a present. It took me two fast months to finish it just so it would be done right in time for Christmas. Too bad I was unable to secure a copy. I hope he didn't throw it in the bin. I labored for that after all. *teehee* Although if he did, it was upon his rightful discretion.

When we broke up right before he went for the review for his license exam, I didn't stop drawing. I pursued it still, producing a number of sketches which he had not seen... Even when I was already in law school.

At that time, I have limited myself to drawing only him. I came up with these:








Until I came to the point wherein I stopped drawing. It was a decision which came to me like lightning. I stopped drawing in a flash! I took my pencils, gave it to my sister's kids and I tried to forget that I even knew how to draw.

But apparently things have their way of coming back to you no matter how much you try to avoid it to forget it. As to how... wait for my next post. :)

No comments: