Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dressed to the nines. Dressed to thine eynes. :)

I am not into clothes. Not that I have anything against anyone who is; I think that's perfectly fine. Clothes are after all among the basic physiological needs of man based on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

What I am trying to say is that I am not into the whole 'trending' thing.  I am not as conscious with choosing designs of clothes that fit the era as much as I am conscious with the minutes left before the microwave dings.  Don't hate me just yet... there are types of clothes, I admit, I like and  there are types of clothes I'd derisively crunch my nose at for being horrific. BUT if someone is going to ask me about fashion advice, I would shirk away because I do not think I have the authority to solicit one.

I have been told by a couple of people, however, that I have a good collection of clothes, which I would have to say I personally think is true. But I do not arrogantly pride myself of them because I did not choose them myself. In fact, I did not even buy them for I don't have the money (real talk). The truth is, most of it are just gifts to me from my sister Anne. My sister runs this online shop and whenever she tasks me to reship the items, she gives me clothes as a reward for a job well done. The perk of having a sister who sells  good quality chic clothes, I have to say.

Then whenever I have to go out or go to school, my other sister, Joyce, picks out the clothes, matches them up and lets me wear them. She is basically my wardrobe consultant (if I may call her that).

So there goes the truth. I am no better than the mannequin behind the glass window, who awaits for the personnel to dress her up. My sisters are the ones with the sense of fashion; not me (this is without prejudice to those who think otherwise---I respect your opinion over the matter).  I even always recommend my sister's shop to my friends who would ask me about where I got my clothes.  She's been my--- how do I call her--- sponsor since I could remember. Here are a few of the many clothes she sells on her shop and the year I got them: 

Honoring of New lawyers 2011
2012
Graduates' Convocation Ball 2011
College of Arts and Sciences Retro-themed Big Day 2011
Mass Communication Tribute to Graduates 2009
2009
So for the years of wardrobe support *teehee*, Thank you, Sis! Mwah! Mwah! Keep it coming. hahaha!

Click on the next photo if you wish to check her items out. :) Don't forget to subscribe.


No comments: