Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lost for words


Bashful
,


-Jose Garcia Villa


Jose Garcia villa, the famous Filipino writer whose collections include: 'Poems by Doveglion', 'Many Voies' and a lot more, wrote the poem "Bashful", containing nothing more but a single comma.I cannot help but applaud the paradox that the poem exhibits. Bashful, yes.. but the boldness of the poem, the comma, the truth it articulately displays speak of so many things.


I envy him.

Why?


Because he found it so easy to express a fusion of meaningful emotions with a single punctuation while I, on the other hand, find it really difficult to express myself with just a single word.

And that's not it,the problem of finding something that would manifest my emotion is just one thing,to finally express it is a different matter entirely.Ugh!

I invoke the spirit of the Comma Poet, Jose Garcia Villa. Please shed me streak of your magnificence.

So if I even run down into a fit of anger, into the zenith of my happiness or whatever is in between,
I may be able to freely put it across.

And so that I may finally put an end to the silence I tend to resort into every time I stumble upon a sitch worth gnashing my teeth on.

I invoke thee.

Oh so help me God.

No comments: